The Urban Indian Center of Salt Lake is unique because we are able to provide services that are culturally relevant to American Indians and Alaska Natives. We believe that such knowledge is necessary to overcome the damaging effects of the historic trauma, displacement and cultural conflict experienced by American Indians and Alaska Native. The Behavioral Health services are designed to restore and/or enhance the wellness of American Indian individuals, couples and families. We focus on the whole person, i.e., the mental, social, emotional and spiritual, using holistic healing methods that blend traditional American Indian cultural practices and values with contemporary western and other cultures’ practices.
We provide crisis intervention, assessment, standard and intensive outpatient counseling for individuals, couples, and family members.
It is our belief that all who participate in our activities will become healthy and active members of the community.
In order to register for programs or services provided by the Urban Indian Center of Salt Lake, please bring the following documentation when you visit the Center, along with the completed printed Intake Forms found below. All documentation must be provided for everyone who needs to be registered
1. A Tribally issued Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) or Identification card. A CIB must include the degree of Indian Blood (ex: 1/2, 1/4, etc.)
2. Social Security Card (or letter from Social Security Administration indicating you have ordered a new or duplicate card)
3. Photo ID, if over 18 (if registering your child, please bring parent[s] photo ID)
4. Proof of residency (rental/lease agreement, mortgage, or official mail)
5. Proof of Income (if applicable)
6. Medical insurance card (if applicable)
*Please note: This form is required for all new clients and those who have not been to the center for a period of greater than 5 years.