Cedar Point Wellness Cooking
One Skillet Fish and Greens
Ingredients per person
2-3 thin slices onion
2-3 thin slices of tomato
big handful of raw baby spinach
2 tsp. oil (canola)
1. Heat a skillet that has a tight fitting lid over medium heat.
2. Add 2 tsp. of oil.
3. Lay onion slices in bottom of pan.
4. Salt and pepper fish fillet to taste.
5. Lay fish fillet on top of onions.
6. Top fillet with tomato slices.
7. Cover skillet with lid and let the fish cook for 2-3 minutes.
8. Remove lid, pile on the spinach and cover the skillet again. Give the skillet a gentle shake.
9. Keep covered until spinach is wilted and the fish is cooked through.
*Oven Cooking methods:
Fish and Greens can also be cooked in the oven.
– Heat oven to 450 degrees
– Cut firm vegetables into thin slices (can use and include potato, eggplant, broccoli, squash, tomatoes, etc.)
– Spread out on oiled baking pan
– Season with salt and pepper, (add other seasonings such as garlic if desired)
– Bake vegetables until tender (20-30 min.)
– Add spinach and place fish fillets on top
– Brush fillets with oil, season with salt and pepper
– Bake for 10-20 min. depending on thickness of fish fillets