1 large or 2 medium-small spaghetti squash
2 chicken breasts, chopped in 1-inch pieces
½ cup pesto, extra to taste
1-2 cups fresh baby spinach, torn/chopped
1 extra large carrot, shredded or chopped
½ onion, chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
8 oz shredded cheese
1-2 TBSP fresh parsley to garnish (optional)
1. Cook spaghetti Squash*
2. Chop chicken into bite sized pieces and toss with pesto and then cook. Set aside.
3. In a small pot, heat a drizzle of olive oil to medium-high heat and sauté your bell pepper and carrot for a few minutes until tender. Next add the spinach and the cooked pesto chicken and stir to wilt the spinach.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Next add your cheese to the hot mixture. Mix a little over half the cheese in with the chicken and veggies and save the rest for topping.
6. To stuff the squash, you can simply pile on your pesto chicken and veggies or fluff the squash first with a fork and then mix the pesto chicken mixture with the squash.
7. Garnish with fresh parsley and/or basil leaves and dig in!
– Microwave whole (poke holes or it will explode) for 20 minutes
– Microwave in half: put a little water in the bottom of you dish and cook for 8 minutes
– Oven at 450 for 20-40 minutes depending on size