Referrals for medical and dental services are issued to a Community Health Center clinic; several clinics are located along the Wasatch area.
- MEDICAL referral covers basic office visit (primary care), it is valid for one year from date issued. Items NOT covered are specialist/urgent care, emergency room visit, surgery/hospital stays/medical bills and prescription.
- DENTAL referral covers preventative care only, such as: x-rays, cleaning, filling, simple extraction & root canal. A referral is needed for each appointment. Items NOT covered but client can pay out of pocket for crown, flipper/partial, denture & bridge (priced on a sliding scale).Eye Glass (SOV)
1) Must be registered at UIC-SL
2) Adult eye glass vouchers (SOV) are ONLY available on Wednesdays 8:30am – 11:00am and 1:00pm – 3:30pm.
3) Bring a picture ID with you at the time of your visit.
4) A blood “sugar” and blood pressure screening will be performed before an eye glass voucher is issued to determine eligibility.
5) Eye glass voucher is issued every two (2) years to the date and issued only on Wednesdays.
6) If an eye glass voucher is needed before the two (2) year date, it will cost $30 after the screening.
7) Please bring in your immunization record, as well.
Eye Care for Kids (ECK)
1) Must be registered at UIC-SL.
2) Kids eye voucher is available during the following business hours: Monday and Friday 8:30-11 and 1-4, Tuesday and Thursday 8:30-11 and 1-3, Wednesday 8:30-11 and 1-3:30
3) Kids eye voucher is issued every two (2) years to the date.
4) If a kid eye voucher is needed before the two (2) year date, it costs $35 after the screening.
5) If you have medical insurance that covers glasses you are not eligible for a free kids eye voucher.
6) The young patient will get their blood “sugar” and blood pressure screened and meets with a Dietitian to review the results.
7) Please bring in your immunization record.
1) Must be registered at the UIC-SL.
2) UIC-SL offers referrals for immunizations to Community Nursing Services (CNS) or Community Health Clinic Inc. (CHC).
3) Onsite immunization is available and only for limited time; these are during the Back 2 School Health Fair held in August and the Flu Clinic held in October.
Cedar Point offers blood pressure, blood “sugar” and cholesterol screenings by walk-in or by appointment. If you are a walk-in there may be a wait time. It is highly recommended to call Amber to schedule an appointment for this service at 801-214-7673
A Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) is available for short term (brief) counseling, stress management and supports the Healthier You program. Patients are required to fill out a questionnaire to ensure we are treating them as a whole person.
Please bring in your immunization record.
Physical Activity and Exercise
Physical Activity/Exercise is an important part of a healthy life style, especially for preventing and controlling diabetes, high blood pressure and weight. UIC-SL offers physical activity/exercise instruction/classes. Services offered are:
- Individual appointments with a Personal Trainer, may include design and instruct an exercise plan such as for patient dealing with arthritis
- Referrals to Occupational Therapy Clinic and Senior Center gyms
- Fitness assessment, evaluation, and goal setting
- Group exercise classes: Zumba, yoga, cardio, conditioning, and strength training. Zumba held three evenings a week. Bring your own towel and water bottle. Children are welcome if supervised by an adult.
- Monday – 6:00 -7:00 PM
- Wednesday-6:30-7:30 PM
- Thursday- 6:00-7:00 PM
Must be registered, call 801-214-7665 for an appointment or more information.
Website: Nutrition Education and Cooking Demos
Good nutrition is an important part of a healthy life, especially for preventing and controlling diabetes, high blood pressure and weight. Services offered are:
- One-on-one appointments: Work with a Registered Dietitian for yourself and your family’s health.
- Cooking Demos: Try new recipes and learn how to improve family favorites. 2nd Wednesday of each month. 10:00 am. No appointment needed.
- Healthier You Wellness Groups: Topics vary, many include nutrition. Every group meeting includes a light meal (with recipes). 2nd Tuesday of each month at 6:00pm. See Facebook ‘Events’ tab for current topics. No appointment needed.
- Diabetes prevention class uses the Prevent T2 Curriculum: This 16 week series includes nutrition topics as well as activity, stress management. Classes are held on Tuesdays at 10:00am and Wednesdays at 3:00pm. Call to find out when the next series begins.
UIC-SL offers nutrition education for all registered members of the community. Call 801-214-7667 for an appointment or more information.
Application Assistance for Medicaid/CHIP and the ACA (Affordable Care Act)
Assistance is available to determine if you qualify for health coverage for you and your family; walk-in and talk with an experienced federally certified Navigator. They can help determine whether you qualify for: Medicaid/CHIP, PCN (the Primary Care Network), or the ACA. Step-by-step application assistance is available and help with managing your application as needed/wanted.
Hours: Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 8:30AM-4:30PM
Tuesday and Thursday: 8:30AM-4:30PM
CLOSED for lunch every day from 12:00PM-1:00PM
Case managers are available that can assist with linking you to social service agencies in the area. Some of the agencies are listed below. If you have questions or need further assistance contact Kristina or Victoria at 801-486-4877.